This temporary page offers a brief description of the Grimsby Ice Factory project.
The Grimsby Ice Factory is a Unique Heritage Asset
The Grimsby Ice Factory is a unique heritage asset, situated on Grimsby’s historic dock peninsula.
- Listed Grade II* by English Heritage
- Victorian Society Top Ten Endangered Buildings 2011
- World Monuments Fund 2014 Watch
- The last surviving ice factory with its machinery still intact
- It made Grimsby the busiest mid-20th century fishing port in the world
The Great Grimsby Ice Factory Trust (GGIFT) was formed in July 2010 as an offshoot of the Grimsby, Cleethorpes and District Civic Society. Its objects are to save the Ice Factory from demolition by identifying a sustainable new use for the building, and work to protect the group of historic buildings on the docks commonly referred to as The Kasbah.